This UTME 2014 manual is written to guide you, right from installation to the usage of the application. The manual is simplified and explained graphically to guide you and to ease your usage of the solution.
Please follow the instructions carefully
Important: If you have the previous year (UTME 2013) offline application installed on your system, uninstall the application and all its references before installing the 2014 UTME application
How to uninstall the application
>> Open the control panel, select the “Add/Remove Programs” (or Programs and Features in Windows Vista OS and later) programs option, Locate the JambPassFingerprintsInstall application as shown below. Double-click to uninstall
>> If you have any other biometrics library installed on your PC, you are advised to uninstall/disable them before any installation, otherwise, it may conflict.
>>In case of any installation mistakes or error, please uninstall all installed modules and restart the entire process
>>Open the FAQ file for answers to some issues you may encounter
>> The Only supported Scanner is DigitalPersona
>>Recommended Hardware Requirements
Pentium 4 Processor or equivalent or higher
Windows Xp or higher version
1GB Ram or Higher
Reliable Internet Access
DigitalPersona fingerprints scanner
How do I know if my system is 32bit or 64bit?
>> Right click the ‘My computer’ Icon from the start menu and select properties
>>Observe the opened windows and confirm the System type you are using as shown below
Go to http://www.jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme/pre-Registration.aspx to download Framework 2.0, Prerequisites and application that corresponds to your machine spec i.e. 32bit or 64bit.
Windows XP or earlier Operating system will require Framework 2.0. Download the appropriate file by clicking on the download corresponding to your machine and click on the Save File button as demonstrated below
Direct Online Registration of candidates
Candidates registering directly online without using the offline application must download and install the prerequisites.
>> Installing the prerequisites
- Download and extract the Prerequisite to expose the RTE folder
- Open the RTE folder and double-click on the “Setup.msi”
- Follow the Wizard to install the prerequisite
Installation of the Offline Application
- Extract the Zip file and Double-Click on the JambPassFingerprintsInstall.msi or JambPassFingerprintsInstallx64.msi in depending on the folder corresponding to your machine (32 or 64 bit)
- Follow the instruction on the wizard to complete the installation
- An Icon of the application will be created on your desktop
NO LICENCE IS REQUIRED TO RUN THE APPLICATION
How to Use the Application
- Please note that internet connection is required at first launch to pull the base data that shall be used during data capture. Unless internet access is available, you may be able to use the application.
- Fill in Candidate’s Serial number, Pin Number and Bio-data information and the email address
NOTE that you can now fill the complete registration details by checking the box as pointed by the Red arrow at the left bottom of the form. The filling of the complete registration details is however optional, but introduced to ease registration.
- Browse Passport to Select Candidate Passport from file
Use a Webcam to Capture Candidate’s Image if one is attached and detected.
- Start Capturing fingerprints
It is expected that your DigitalPersona scanner is connected to the system. The scanner once detected starts automatically. Place Left Thumb on Scanner until it has been clearly captured. Select the Right Thumb option; capture the Right Thumb as well. Having any issue follow the directives inside the monitoring field
- Select the Nationality, State of Origin and Local Government. Others are Date of Birth and Gender.
- If you wish to capture the complete registration details, check the “Enter Other Registration Details” box. Toggling between checking and unchecking the box change the text of the save button from “Save Details” to “Get Other Registration Details”
- If you are not filling the complete registration details, uncheck the “Enter Other Registration Details” box, if checked and click on the “Save Details” button to save the data.
- If however, that the registration details are to be captured, please check the “Enter Other Registration Details” box and click on the “Get Other Registration Details” button to populate the Registration form as shown below.
The basic personal details supplied in the previous form shall be loaded. You are expected to complete the form and click on ”Save Details” button to save the data. This will submit your data in readiness for transfer online.
The application automatically transfers data once there is internet. To manually initiate transfer, click start transfer.
Note that unless there is internet connection, the submitted data still reside locally on the system.
If you want to cancel or discontinue the registration, click on the “Exit Without Save” button to return to the previous form discarding the filled form.
- To change your settings, click settings.
- Ensure that the destination server is ‘www.jamb.org.ng’ and license server is empty
- To change the location of the treated data, click folder and select valid directory
- ‘Action After Processing’ can be used to decide the status of the treated data
- Click ok to save changes.
- Click on output details to open the process monitoring section
- To view successfully transferred data, click Success Transfer
- To view failed transfer and the reason, click on Failed Transfer
- For errors without particular source, click on General Logs
- Entries can be exported to excel if excel is installed on the system
- Untreated data saved on a system can be exported to another system by using the clicking on export from the ‘Transfer saved data’ menu.
- Choose export destination by clicking on ‘Select Export Location’
- Select Copy Files or Move Files
- Click Export Now To Start The Transfer
- Exported data can be imported by clicking import from the ‘Transfer saved data’ menu.
- Choose import destination by clicking on ‘Select Import Location’
- Click Import Now To Start The Transfer